Assigning Macros and Editor Q&A (2024)

ShiftwRx

New Member
  • Mar 20, 2012
  • #1

Few questions:

  • I understand the difference between and individual macro(VKM) and a macro set(VKS), Can you assign more than one macro to one button on the same page, for instance akimbo fire assigned to RT(shoots both guns with the press of RT) and a drop shot assigned to RT(drops the player while firing)? Or would you simply just use the macro editor software to combine both of these features into its own macro?
  • Say Ive uploaded mutliple vkm macros to multiple pages on the software, just clarifying.... if I save this layout it becomes a vks? If so, you can continue to expand on vks file by adding more vkm's to other pages?
  • Say a vks file only takes up 1 page and another vks file takes up two pages, how would you go about getting all the features of both files since you cannot upload two vks files?
  • Theres 16 pages on this beast! Say I've got multiple pages with different macros on each page. Page 1 for instance may have rapid fire drop shot and the page is so full I cannot fit turbo knife on it. So I put turbo knife on my 2nd page. Both of these macros have a toggle on/off, even though theyre on different pages, is it possible to have them both be toggled on and have them both work? Or is each page completely separate from one another, meaning I can only use rapid fire from my first page and whatever other macros are on the first page, and if I want to use turbo knife I would have to switch to my 2nd page. I know there is more than enough room and ways to put both on the same page but its just a scenario.
  • View attachment TurboKnifeMW3V2.0NormalTAC.vkm For this macro, simply taken from the library, says assign to tac button... ok I get that. Wondering if you would be able to use this exact macro, to just simply assign to your normal melee button, for me (clicking the RS stick). If you can't use this macro for assigning to RS and you can accomplish the function of turbo knife by assigning to your melee button what exactly would need to be different within the time line editor?

Last edited:

F

fst2011

Member
  • Mar 20, 2012
  • #2

wow...my head hurts. All kidding aside I'm more then positive you cant toggle page 1 with page 2....you would have to click the tac to turn to that page. I could be wrong but I dont think that is possible. Would be kinda cool.

I also dont think you can assign 2 macros to the same tac or button. Even if you use a toggle on/off. However, this idea would be really useful if it could be made possible but that sounds more like a chip programming issue then software.

Sure MJ or od will be here shortly

Brian

ShiftwRx

New Member
  • Mar 20, 2012
  • #3

Yeah Odin and MJ are very helpful with technical stuff like this, again I understand the software a little bit and have looked at how some of the macros are put together by looking at them in the timeline editor so I get that, if need be, you can combine certain macros with one another. But you cant combine some macros due to the button combinations and how in mw3 theres some canceling going on as well as equipment necessities. I sorta know the answers to some of my question but Id like to know a definite answer to these.

Im pretty technological and computer savvy and can pick up on things pretty fast but theres always something you can learn from someone else and in this case I've still got a bit to learn about macro controller.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
  • Mar 28, 2012
  • #4

Im so sorry I didnt see this post and it was posted awhile ago. But you cannot assign two macros to a single button. You would have to assign it to a tac switch or make a new page. The way you understand the whole adding macros and saving is correct. If you wanted both VKS files then you would have to save each macro individually then export them one by one onto the other VKS file. Each page is completely different though you cannot toggle the controls from different pages. As far as I know that turbo knife would work on RS. The reason macros are made for the tac switch and LS separately is because you can leave out the RS press if your going to assign it to RS as if your going to assign it to a tac switch you have to account for that RS press. Hope that makes sense and helps! Again sorry I took so long to respond.

ShiftwRx

New Member
  • Mar 29, 2012
  • #5

yeah I've figured out most of the other questions but I guess I have been making a silly mistake while making and assigning macros originally meant for a tac button to an actual button, I didn't realize that you had to take out the rs press (turbo knife) if you assign it to the rs stick also this is gunna help with a few other macros im trying to develop, it makes sense now that you said it.

Gettin so much attention with the mk rapid fire but especially the silent shot as well I moddified the one of the original silent shot macros from mw2 to my liking(litterally just moved the y press a little closer and increased the speed by a couple 100ths) its just that sometimes its not silent but most of the time it is, and when I silent shot without the macro I can get back doing another silent shot fast than with the macro . I'll get it i just gotta keep tweaking things.

another thing I was thinking is that on most of my pages I have all the tac swtices used up and what ever, but on some Ive got an extra one, so i was just thinking in my head (as I was playing S&D) that it would be cool if you could assign two macros(ie. rapid fire & silent shot) to the same button(ie. RT) but you would have to have a toggle for both macros on two different tac switches and could only turn one on at a time, again I know this would take money plus prollly a new chip or what ever but it was just a cool idea i thought of.

thanks mj

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
  • Mar 29, 2012
  • #6

Anytime man! Im glad your enjoying the Rapid fire macro. It would be cool to have that however would be super hard to code. I would help you but I am PC less all I have is my macbook air for now.

ShiftwRx

New Member
  • Mar 29, 2012
  • #7

hah when i ordered it i only had my mac and i downloaded parallels and windows 7 ultimate had it all set up to find out that you need to do bootcamp:windows to have the usbs recognize the controller on a mac and by the time i figured this out i was frustrated with all the time i wasted so i broke out my old dell that weighs a ton to do stuff, ill set up bootcamp eventually but its just a pain to have to boot into windows separately from lion. when ever you get the availability of a pc and the free time from school it would be great to learn a thing or two from ya about this editor

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
  • Mar 29, 2012
  • #8

Once I get a chance I would definitely help you maybe this weekend? I think I would have the RAM by friday so I would be willing to help you or anyone for that fact. I dont know how much help I could give you but I would surely try. Im on spring break so I am enjoying my break. This week would of been the perfect week but then my RAM messed up and I cant boot without it since its dual channel (one broke and they depend on eachother). Anyways Ill PM you whenever I get my computer up.

odingalt

Well-Known Member

Staff member

  • Mar 30, 2012
  • #9

It looks like you have done an awesome job of figuring out the capabilities (and limitations) of the macro software.

ShiftwRx said:

I understand the difference between and individual macro(VKM) and a macro set(VKS), Can you assign more than one macro to one button on the same page, for instance akimbo fire assigned to RT(shoots both guns with the press of RT) and a drop shot assigned to RT(drops the player while firing)? Or would you simply just use the macro editor software to combine both of these features into its own macro?

Nope only one macro per button on the same page :-(

ShiftwRx said:

Say Ive uploaded mutliple vkm macros to multiple pages on the software, just clarifying.... if I save this layout it becomes a vks? If so, you can continue to expand on vks file by adding more vkm's to other pages?

Correct!

ShiftwRx said:

Say a vks file only takes up 1 page and another vks file takes up two pages, how would you go about getting all the features of both files since you cannot upload two vks files?

The software does't have any ability to copy/paste pages, even within the same .vks. You'd have to manually set up the pages all over again.

ShiftwRx said:

Theres 16 pages on this beast! Say I've got multiple pages with different macros on each page. Page 1 for instance may have rapid fire drop shot and the page is so full I cannot fit turbo knife on it. So I put turbo knife on my 2nd page. Both of these macros have a toggle on/off, even though theyre on different pages, is it possible to have them both be toggled on and have them both work? Or is each page completely separate from one another, meaning I can only use rapid fire from my first page and whatever other macros are on the first page, and if I want to use turbo knife I would have to switch to my 2nd page. I know there is more than enough room and ways to put both on the same page but its just a scenario.

Each page is completely separate from each other.

ShiftwRx said:

View attachment 589 For this macro, simply taken from the library, says assign to tac button... ok I get that. Wondering if you would be able to use this exact macro, to just simply assign to your normal melee button, for me (clicking the RS stick). If you can't use this macro for assigning to RS and you can accomplish the function of turbo knife by assigning to your melee button what exactly would need to be different within the time line editor?

In most cases if it says it must be assigned to the tac switch, it probably won't work if assigned to a stock button.

F

fst2011

Member
  • Mar 30, 2012
  • #10

Hey shift...what mk macro and silent shot r u using? And if u tweaked it and made it better...post it up here.

Thanks

ps: Sorry for the caps....my tablet for whatever reason will not go lowercase.

ShiftwRx

New Member
  • Apr 3, 2012
  • #11

hey fst ill get back to ya around wed. im crammed with college exams and projects untill then but ive found that my macro is a beast with a fully charged rechargeble battery pack because it fits real snug into the slot rather than the regular battery pack which isnt as tight ****ing.

You must log in or register to reply here.

Assigning Macros and Editor Q&A (2024)
Top Articles
Latest Posts
Article information

Author: Terence Hammes MD

Last Updated:

Views: 5764

Rating: 4.9 / 5 (69 voted)

Reviews: 84% of readers found this page helpful

Author information

Name: Terence Hammes MD

Birthday: 1992-04-11

Address: Suite 408 9446 Mercy Mews, West Roxie, CT 04904

Phone: +50312511349175

Job: Product Consulting Liaison

Hobby: Jogging, Motor sports, Nordic skating, Jigsaw puzzles, Bird watching, Nordic skating, Sculpting

Introduction: My name is Terence Hammes MD, I am a inexpensive, energetic, jolly, faithful, cheerful, proud, rich person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you.